This is Ankita Datta from CRAFTONS. Today I will be demonstrating a step by step process of Decoupaging a Name Plate.
The first thing that you need to do is apply a thin and an even coat of Heavy White Gesso from Craft Junction on the MDF Base. One thing that I would like to mention is that the MDF Base that I got from Craft Junction is very smooth and you don’t need to waste time sanding it. So, I really loved working on it.
Once the layer of Gesso is completely dry, I painted it with “Evening Rose” and “Cape Love” Chalk Paints from Craft Junction.
I really loved the texture and the opaqueness of the colours. It gave a very matt look to your project.
Once the paints were completely dry, I used a small piece of wax and rubbed on the surface. And then coated with “French Bread” Chalk Paint.
Once the paint was completely dry, I sanded the surface with a fine grain sand paper to give it a worn out look, and then I decoupaged the design and did some stencil work. And then I distressed the edges with “Rose Bush” chalk paint. Also I used some metal embellishments from Craft Junction to give a final look to my project.
Lastly, when everything was done, I coated the project with Varnish from Craft Junction and I must say that I realy loved the quality of the Varnish.
I really hope that you will get inspired with this project.
So get ready to be Crafty with CRAFT JUNCTION and create amazing and beautiful projects for yourselves.
Until then, Happy Crafting 🙂
Here is the list of supplies you will need: –
(1) Craft junction Heavy white gesso-100 ml http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(2) Craft junction Chalk Paints (50ml ) http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?… -Evening Rose, Cape Love, French Bread, Rose Bush, Choco Splash
(3) Stencils http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(4) MDF Products http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(5) Mod Podge http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…