This is Neha from Steps Towards Crafting. I was selected as a guest DT for craft junction, a great craft store based in Gujarat, India. Today I am here to show you a beautiful creation of mine and also teach you how to make it. So let’s begin.
Do you love Scrapbooks? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Scrapbooks and making them is great fun. Firstly, you make something out of love and dedication. Secondly, you decorate it with memories, pictures, quotes and sentiments. So how about making an unusual scrapbook that is surely going to surprise the receiver to the core.
Yes, today i will be sharing with you all how to make an unusual scrapbook cum pop up kind of card cum box. Yes, this project is going to be a great fun. So, let’s begin.
Let me tell you the name by which this piece of handicraft is known, it’s an “Exploding Box”. No no don’t get scared, it’s not going to explode like a bomb. Jokes apart, this paper craft looks like a box which is when opened i.e. when the lid of the box is removed, all the flaps or sides falls down displaying various pockets, tags and pictures on them. Inside there exists another box for which when the lid is removed, same thing repeats. So in layman terms, we are going to make a 3 layered Explosion box on Love theme and in the box, there is going to be a great surprise in the center.
- Precut die cutting for exploding box.
- Embellishments of your choice.
- Bead strings
- Mulberry flowers
- Jute flowers
- Jute basket
- Jute heart etc.
- Liquid Glue or Fevicol.
- Hot gun glue.
- Card stock of your choice.
- Pattern papers.
Take this precut die for exploding box. The size is
- 4 by 4 inches for outermost box
- 3.5 by 3.5 inches for middle box
- 3 by 3 inches for innermost box.
Cut the pattern paper of your choice in the dimensions 0.25 inches less than the size of the flaps of each box as mentioned:
- For outermost box, cut pattern paper 3.75 by 3.75 inches.
- For middle box, cut pattern paper 3.25 by 3.25 inches
- For innermost box, cut pattern paper 2.75 by 2.75 inches.
This basically helps to create a border which look beautiful.
Cut 8 pieces for each box, 4 for inner side, 4 for outer side of cube sides.
You can take single paper for each box and sides of flaps or different. It all depends on your creativity and taste only.
After cutting the pattern paper for flaps, now cut the paper for lid top and sides. Follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
Once you are done with paper cutting, start pasting the paper. Now for inside part of the flaps, don’t apply glue on top side and apply on sides only (Refer video). This will help you creating a pocket where you can put the tags with messages written on that. For outer sides, glue it on all 4 sides. Repeat the process for other two boxes and for them, making pockets is optional. If you want, you can make for all three or two or one or none of them.
Once done with sides, come to lid and paste the paper on sides and top of all 4 lids.
Now, take the lid and paste the corner inside of other side to make it a box lid (Refer video). Secure it with a clip and let it dry. Once all the lids are done, layer the boxes.
By this time, the basic structure is ready. Now use your imagination to decorate the box. I have used various embellishments to decorate the top of lids and for center i have used a basket inside which i have places a heart embellishments with Love note and decorated it using a bead string.
Once you are happy with your decoration, insert the tags inside the pockets and you are good to go. It’s done.
Here is the link to the Video tutorial. Please do visit and make this beautiful creation for your loved ones and show me too by posting images in comments here or on channel.
Here is the list of supplies you will need: –
(1) Craft junction ready cut size Explosion box Scrap Book with 300 GSM paper- Coming Soon.
(2) Paper Pack http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
3) Fabric Flowers http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(4) Metal Embellishments http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(5) Jute Twines http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(6) Mulberry Flowers http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(7) Pollens http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…
(8) Decorative embellishments like pearl strings, burlap laces, cabochons etc http://craftjunction.in/product.aspx?…